Backyard Brains Logo

Neuroscience for Everyone!

+1 (855) GET-SPIKES (855-438-7745)

items ()

[Summer’16 Internship] The Dragonfly: Laser set-up, version 3

Given the previous problems, I then started on a new set-up hopeing to 1) solve the curvature of the beam problem 2) make a more stable, cleaner set-up.

The final result:

What I did:

I cut wood to use for a stand, and used an acrylic sheet for a base. I made the Y servo mirror much longer horizontally so that the Y servo would reflect a wider range of movement fro the X servo. I met one of my goals, to create a more stable, cleaner set-up. However, I still found that there was some curvature of the laser beam. I am afraid that that might be unavoidable, but also could be easy to work around using code.

No Comments

No comments yet.

RSS feed for comments on this post.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.